From: Corwin Joy (cjoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-23 22:32:56

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brock Peabody" <brock.peabody_at_[hidden]>

> I think I understand why there are problems with any iterator more
> powerful than an input iterator and I agree. I don't understand what
> benefit there is to supporting anything besides input iterators though.
> I've always used databases that provided random access, for instance,
> but I can't think of anything I've ever done with a database that
> couldn't have been done with just input iterators. To keep things
> simple I'd suggest just supporting input iterators.

I think we can start with input iterators since they are easier.
Eventually, though, folks want to have things like scrollable reports and
forms where random access becomes important. In DTL it wasn't until much
later that we did a random access container. As long as you get
fundamentals
right about binding, though, it should be OK.