From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-24 08:51:39

On 8/23/05 10:11 AM, "Rene Rivera" <grafik.list_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Daryle Walker wrote:
>> Instead of adding CSS attributes to restore table
>> functionality, maybe we should change whatever CSS took it away in the first
>> place.
>
> The CSS that does that globally removes all styles so that all elements
> can be styled from a consistent state. It makes positioning, spacing,
> and anything that involves measurements consistent.

But the browser designers (should) have done that for the default style
sheet. The flaw in your tactic is that you need to be as exhaustive as the
browser (and HTML) creators. Otherwise, the stuff you missed looks bad, as
we discovered with TABLE and DL. We should go for a minimal-transformation
approach, not an obliterate-then-rebuild one.

>> Why was the "...remainder..." paragraph moved inward? I deliberately did
>> _not_ have it within the history list.
>
> It was outside of the history section, semantically, but not withing any
> other section. Hence it looked to me that it semantically didn't belong
> to anything.
[TRUNCATE]

It should have been within the "content" section (unless I messed up the
nesting for the original file).

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie