From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-26 15:14:28

On 8/24/05, christopher diggins <cdiggins_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> - A typed_any. This is a type very similar to any with the added restriction
> that it can not be reset, it must be initialized with a type, and once
> initialized it can only hold values of that type.

This sounds like just the ticket for the database binding stuff being
discussed in the ODBC thread. Would it be possible to do the type
initialization lazily though (e.g. after construction)?

> - any_ptr. The name says it all.

Does it? I'm confused as to what it is. Is it more or less a
boost::shared_ptr<any>, or is it something else?

> Anyone else interested in these types?

Yes.

--
Caleb Epstein