From: Eric Niebler (eric.niebler_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-27 21:01:33

(Sorry for the delay. I've been on the road and my bandwith has been
very limitted.)

Chad Parry wrote:

> I have a suggestion for the range_ex library. It is such a useful library --
> IMHO, the Boost.Range library is useless without it.

Thanks! I know Thorsten feels similarly and would like to see it become
an official part of Boost.Range.

   I would also like to
> see it include a numeric.hpp that has a version of adjacent_difference, etc.

Oh, yeah. The numeric algorithms. I forgot about those. Thanks for
reminding me!

> In my mind, any standard algorithm that takes an input iterator and an output
> iterator as parameters could be rewritten as a range adaptor. I attached a
> sample implementation.

Interesting.

> Thanks for the work that went into the library -- I hope it gets adopted. I
> personally find it much more powerful than BOOST_FOREACH.

I choose to take this as a compliment. :-)

Between dealing with FOREACH test failures and getting xpressive ready
for review, I haven't had much time for the range algorithms and
adaptors. After the dust has settled a bit, I hope to get back to
thinking abouut Range (unless you or Thorsten beats me to it).

Thanks for the suggestions and the code. They are most welcome.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting