From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-30 10:13:14

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:37:39 +0100, John Maddock wrote
> > With boost 1.33, date_time uses a totaly new system for streaming IO. We
> > kept the pre 1.33 streaming code, and tests, in the library. That macro
> > allows a person to choose which system they want to use. This is all in
> > the documentation: http://tinyurl.com/cyu2d
> >
> > The old tests are dependant on the old code, therefore, they fail to
> > compile when the macro is not defined.
>
> Fair enough, but if the tests are dependent upon the macro be
> defined, wouldn't it be better to #define it at the start of the
> tests .cpp file? It's a minor point, but saves confusion when
> someone tries to build the test outside of bjam.

Hmm, I thought we did that with all of the tests. There's this macro below:

int main(){
#if defined(BOOST_NO_STD_WSTRING) || \
    defined(BOOST_DATE_TIME_INCLUDE_LIMITED_HEADERS)
  check("No wstring/wstream support for this compiler", false);
#else

but apparently that's not taking effect in this case. Maybe we need an
additional config settting here...

Jeff