From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-30 13:14:48

"David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote

> "Arkadiy Vertleyb" <vertleyb_at_[hidden]> writes:

> > 3) put the following in the Jamfile:
> >
> > compile test1.cpp ;
> > compile test2.cpp ;
> > . . .
>
> No, follow the formula used in libs/parameter/test/Jamfile

Understood.

> > Also, where is it specified which compilers are supportred?
>
> I think status/explicit-failures-markup.xml might be what you're after?

Yes, it seems to be, thanks.

One more question: where are such rules as "compile", "link_fail", etc.,
defined, and (even better) are they documented anywhere? For example, is it
possible to do something like this to test both native and emulation mode:

compile -D BOOST_TYPEOF_NATIVE -Name test_native test.cpp
compile -D BOOST_TYPEOF_COMPLIANT -Name test_emulation test.cpp

(test.cpp is compiled with different defines, the resulting tests have
distinct names)?

Or should separate CPP files be defined?

Will I then have to define expected failures for the compilers that don't
support the native typeof mode?

Also, do we need both Jamfile and Jamfile.v2? Which version of build is
currently used by the regression system?

Thanks,

Arkadiy