From: Matt Calabrese (rivorus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-30 14:41:06

Forgive me for posting three times in a row, but I just realized that the
reason why this conflict appears in the first place is because of the
difference between <algorithm> count and count as a member of associative
sequences in the STL. Since there is currently no distinction between these
two types of count in MPL, the conflict simply cannot be resolved (it is
conceivable that in certain cases you may wish to count by value_type
whereas sometimes you may wish to count by key_type, such as the STL allows,
so both forms of count should be useable for associative sequences). It
seems as though the only way to resolve this would be to have two
differently named counts, such as count and count_by_key appropriately.

-Matt Calabrese