From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-31 12:18:25

Hi to all,

  I've just finished implementing the lockable objects of Kevlin's
proposal based on Boost mutexes and conditions. Since boost mutex
operations are private and only available with locks, I haven't found a
way to implement Kevlin's interface over boost threads without using
some very nasty tricks. If someone has a better idea, let me know.

  The implementation nearly fills all the proposal of the documentation,
so I will wait for new elements so that I can continue with this
project. This elements are present in the current version:

-> threader and joiner classes
-> lockable, try_lockable, condition_lockable
-> locker, try_locker
-> locking_ptr

There are open issues in the paper like timeout handling and new
possible lockers, (for example, for conditional_lockable objects). As
soon as I get more information I will continue developing it.

Regards,

Ion