From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-01 00:03:34

> I don't want to be a buzz-kill and I know it's not glamorous, but I'm
> really concerned about the health of the existing Boost.Thread
> primitives. IIUC, none of these cool high-level components you're
> working on can act as full replacements for the existing stuff.

I seems that Michael Glassford has no time to actively mantain it, so I
think Boost.Threads are just in bug-fixing state. With the
implementation thread_ex I just wanted to have a portable implementation
of the interface to be presented in the ISO meeting as quickly as
possible. Not that I've forgotten the rework, but Kevlin needs also a
working (I hope) example. And boost threads is a good basis for that.
The proposal is also very incomplete, so we can concentrate now on Boost
Threads.

> In particular, for example, the Boost.Thread documentation needs a lot
> of work. The code, apparently, needs a rewrite in order to get it to
> use the Boost license, but that's probably too much to hope for right
> now.

I agree. I'm ready to help Matt in reorganizing Boost Threads. Regards,

Ion