From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-01 05:46:41

Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:

> Oh, I haven't realised how big a difference in time between tests can be...
> It makes sense now.

Yes, the situation regarding my test runs is pretty bad currently:

I can't leave the testing machine unattended currently: the old PSU
broke, I added a new one, there was a expliosion inside the box (a
capacitor, likely), visual inspection didn't reveal anything. I
currently have to sit right next to the box in order to be able to
extinguish any fires that might break out in case there's another explosion.

A clean test run takes a day of CPU time. Nearly-clean runs get
triggered by small changes to any one of many core libraries (MPL,
type_traits, etc).

Tests runs need even more attention because some of the tests don't link
for intel-9.0. This results in a busy loop and I have to kill the
process manually.

Once I can trust the test machine again and the linking problem got
fixed, results should be available more frequently again.

Regards,