From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-02 10:57:15

Joaquín Mª López Muñoz wrote:
> The recent updates to Boost.Serialization code in RC_1_33_0
> can provoke a crash at run-time, as shown for instance
> in http://tinyurl.com/dwu78 (there are other, compile-time problems
> that I'm not addressing in tihs post.)

What are these compile-time problems?

> The problem is located in reset_object_address. The attached
> patch to libs\serialization\src\basic_iarchive.cpp fixes the
> problem in my local tests, but as I lack the knowledge to
> be sure, I'd rather not commit it myself and let it be confirmed
> to be OK.

I've put the fix in my local system and will be testing it soon. I don't
see any harm in it but I'm not quite sure it should be necessary either. I
looked at the files in multi-index and didn't find any reference to
reset_object_address so I'm still a little puzzled. More information
please?

Robert Ramey