From: Walter Landry (wlandry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-02 14:01:05

Simon Richter <Simon.Richter_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> to be honest, I am unsure whether SVN fits the boost development model
> any better than CVS does, and propose to look at using git/cogito instead.

For all of the distributed version control systems, you will still
need a central server. You need a place where people can get the
latest version. So it almost doesn't matter what the format of the
central repository is, because you can always (lossly) translate to
whatever your native format is. That is what projects like Tailor [1]
do.

In terms of what the format for the central repository should be,
Subversion is not a terrible choice. It doesn't really track renames,
it doesn't like to be interrupted, etc., but it is reasonably fast and
secure.

Cheers,
Walter

[1] http://www.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/Tailor