From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-03 05:06:44

Eric Niebler <eric <at> boost-consulting.com> writes:

> boost_range_end(). From the CVS history, that is what was implemented.
> But that is not what was documented, and it's not what your concept
> specifications require.

I have no recollection of this.

To give you all a proper answer, I will have to reread the
entire discussion. I don't intend to use my weekend for that, but I'll
return monday or tuesday with a proper answer.

> It's also not mentioned anywhere in the proposal you made to the C++
> standardization committee, AFAICT. Customization points are *crucially*
> important to the Range concepts,

right.

> and we spent a long time discussing it.
> You have ignored that. Boost.Range is a mess, the concepts are wrong,
> and so is your proposal.

Thanks.

The proposal uses the same extension mechanism as the one in boost.

Libraries must call the functions unqualified. I see no problem with that.

My recollection is that having boost::foo() do ADL was *firmly* rejected, and
so that is why I don't see the boost_range_end() being that important.

The docs might be wrong right now, but that is of minor importance.

Anyway, I'll respond properly later.

-Thorsten