From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-03 06:01:11

> windows.h header by default defines very annoying macros 'min' and 'max'.
> Maybe all boost libraries that include windows.h (such as regex) should
> #define NOMINMAX before including windows.h? (this disables them). I doubt
> there is anybody using boost that relies on these crappy macros, and they
> cause havoc among unwary.

1) Regex in 1.33 doesn't include windows.h anymore (not in the headers
anyway).
2) We did used to define NOMINMAX.
3) We now no longer do so, because all of Boost's code should be safe in the
presence of those macros (there are a couple of MS headers that only compile
if min and max are defined as macros).
4) They are indeed very crappy macros :-/

John.