From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-04 14:02:07

> 3. In that reference section, '&' is used repeatedly where only '>>'
> is appropriate. For example:
>
> main(){
> base *b;
> ar & b;
> }
>
> That can only be confusing.

Hmm - I checked that section and maybe it is confusing but not in the way
it seems.

the registration or export must be done on BOTH saving and loading of
archives. It just occurred to me that this might not be obvious. My usage
of & rather than << or >> reflects that examples such as the above use ...
to replace code which creates and archive instance "ar" which could either
be in input and /or output archive. I would be reluctant to replace the &
above with << as it would suggest that << would be OK when it wouldn't be in
all the cases where the example is applicable.

So, I can see that its confusing, but I'm confused about what kind of
confusion is occuring.

Robert Ramey