From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-05 02:40:03

Matt Hurd schrieb:

>This should probably belong on the wiki, but I can't edit in the wiki
>(access denied). I've put up a rationale for the thread restructure
>with basic information as well here
>
>http://www.zomojo.com/thread/boost_thread_rework.xhtml

I have added a link to the wiki.
http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?Boost.Threads

I did not experience any kind of problems editing the page.
Will try later again to put this into the wiki as well.

>Should have some code / structure in place for discussion soon. First
>thing to agree on is the basic directory structure and header linkage
>philosophy.

A question that popped up in a discussion about asio, and others as well.
Currently there seems to be a lot of code duplication in the boost library
in the area of locking primitives.
Altough I am not sure what the real reason is, one might be that
boost::thread
does not provide a header only implementation for these.
Perhaps we should consider having part of the threading library available
as header only?
Any thoughts?

Regards
Roland