From: Christopher Kohlhoff (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-05 03:10:49

Hi Roland,

--- Roland Schwarz <roland.schwarz_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> FAIL:

tests\unit\ipv4_host_resolver_test.cpp(88):test_if_hosts_equivalent(h1,
> h3)
> FAIL:

tests\unit\ipv4_host_resolver_test.cpp(106):test_if_hosts_equivalent(h1,
> h7)
> INFO: ipv4_host_resolver_test ended with exit code 1
>
> Is there anything I am missing? Or is this a known issue?

I managed to reproduce this problem, and the test is wrong.

Would I be right in assuming that your system has extra network
interfaces (e.g. interfaces to support a VMware host) that are not
known to the DNS server? The test_if_hosts_equivalent function does not
correctly handle this case.

Cheers,
Chris