From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-05 07:32:43

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 12:07:08 +1000, Matt Hurd wrote
> Was going to play with the wiki to see if it would suit my needs for
> some thread stuff.
>
> I get this when clicking on "Edit page".
>
> ______________
>
> Editing Denied
> BOOST WIKI | RecentChanges | Preferences | Page List | Links List
> Editing not allowed: user, ip, or network is blocked.
>
> Contact the wiki administrator for more information.
> BOOST WIKI | RecentChanges | Preferences | Page List | Links List
> Search:
> Disclaimer: This site not officially maintained by Boost Developers
>
> ______________
>
> Do I need some kind of authorisation?

No, you don't need authorisation, but your IP has been banned. Basically, the
only way it could be blocked is if a spammer has used your IP to spam the
wiki. So there's a number of possibilities. It's possible a spammer got the
IP you have now from your ISP via DHCP. Or if you machine has been infected
and taken over...

I've contacted you offlist to get the information I need to unblock your ip.
The wiki now mostly relies on content filters to stop spammers, but the ip
block is still a useful secondary defense.

Jeff