From: Graham Bennett (graham-boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-05 18:10:00

Hi,

We have had problems with the compiler_status program which we've
attempted to fix with the attached patch. Currently compiler_status
tries to compute a path relative to the Boost root directory by simply
erasing the same amount of characters as the root dir from the path
string. In our environment this does not work since the Boost root
directory given to compiler_status contains some symlinks, and is
different to the canonical location given by the initial_path()
function.

The fix is to build up the relative path by removing components from the
initial path until it becomes equivalent to the Boost root. There may
well be a better way to do this using Boost.Filesystem, but it does seem
less fragile than the string erase. The patch also adds a little more
error handling.

Thanks,

Graham.

--