From: Michel André (michel.andre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-06 06:51:09

Martin Slater wrote:
> Please , please please no windows.h ;)
> Just spent an unhappy day or two again last week fighting against it. I
> would much prefer to link against something and anything that needed it
> was compiler firewalled in a cpp if possible.

I also agree that preferably all system headers should be banned from
boost include files. This has been discussed back and forth mainly for
threads and network. Is there a policy or guideline or is it from case
to case. Would it be possible to handle in some other way so ther user
can choose. From my point of view i think it's bad for several reasons;
they are often bad citizens, compile time, knowing whats included so
system apis aren't crept in code that should not use system apis.

/Michel