From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-06 22:40:45

"Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> IMO you'd be better off simply leaving out "template" on those
>> compilers, if you can get away with it.
>>
>> ar.register_type<T>()
>
> If I remember correctly, that's what I started out with.

Won't the CVS history tell you for sure?

> I had to do what I did in order to get all compilers to accept it.

I understand why you need template on _real_ C++ compilers;
I also know that vc6 requires that you get all explicit function args
into real function args, to avoid link errors, so as long as you write

     register_type(T * t = NULL);

in the declaration you can still call

   ar.register_type<T>()

I've never heard of one that won't accept the above syntax no matter
what you do.

Anyway, workaround hacks should be kept out of the specification of
requiremeents for a concept, except as a footnote.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting