From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-09 10:57:44

And while you are thinking about this you might investigate the following:

The serialization library uses temp files to test serialization. I would
prefer to use string streams to avoid using temp files at all in most cases.
However, it seems that string streams on some (or all) platforms don't
support things like code_cvt facets and who know what else so I don't feel
comfortable using them to test. I guess this is really a research projects
re string streams.

There is also the idea that string streams use shared memory. This would
make for an interesting way to pass large amounts of data across execution
contexts.

Of course this is spinning out of control.

Even a save tempory, conforming temp_stream would be helpful.

You might look a the test library - I think something in there touches on
this subject as well - but maybe not.

Robert Ramey