From: michael toksvig (michaeltoksvig_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-15 14:40:30

also, the type of a binary operator's return value should combine the
intervals of the operands

e.g. given:
    CheckedIntegralValue<int, -10, 100> a;
    CheckedIntegralValue<int, -100, 20> b;

then the type of a+b should be CheckedIntegralValue<int, -110, 120>

and given:
    CheckedIntegralValue<int, -110, 120> sum;

then sum = a+b, sum = a, and sum = b should all compile just fine

conversely, a = sum, b = sum, and a = b should not

this may have been implied, just wanted to make sure

regards,

/michael toksvig