From: Felipe Magno de Almeida (felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-15 16:40:19

On 9/15/05, Scott Woods <scottw_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> [...]

[snip]

> Exactly. I only suspected there was some difficulty here. Thanks
> for the full story.
>
> > IMO, it would be needed the possibility to have more than one grammar,
> > one for success and another for failure(Would be interesting to have
> > the possibility for more than two), until no-one has a match continue
> > to wait for more data...
> >

> Sorry. Don't follow the duplex grammar idea.

Imagine a SMTP protocol, it has two or more responses for a command,
being from success, warning and completely failure. That way is
necessary 3 grammars, one for each. If nothing matched, then we
probably have a real problem. But one of the three should be matched,
in genereal.

[snip]

> > IMO, it should be another library that should be able to interact with
> > AIO, spirit and xpressive. I already own some helper classes for
> > something like this, when they're called from the AIO components, they
> > forward to the grammars and verify success or failure, but they re-do
> > all the grammar processing again. I would be willing to volunteer to
> > help in a library like this, since I use it a lot for processing
> > protocols with AIO(sockets) and spirit and already have some code
> > writed. However, I dont have enough time to create such a library all
> > by myself.
> >

> I'm in a very similar position. Except I have been forced to write my
> own version of AIO and regex. If that experience is any use then I'm
> pleased to contribute.

I implemented AIO and a glue between the grammars and the AIO system.