From: Matt Hurd (matt.hurd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-16 18:36:09

> On 16/09/05, John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >I have found a test suite for various POSIX APIs, including the threading
> >APIs
> > at http://posixtest.sourceforge.net --- maybe some of the tests can be
> > adapted
> > to the boost threads API.
>
> We certainly need better tests, the tests from pthread-win32 could probably
> be rewritten to use Boost.Thread primitives as well. Basically we want to
> beat this to death :-)

I'm overseas on biz for the next week and a bit. Another week after I
get back we should have a basic framework and some tests in place I
hope. With the testing I find it is important to demonstate that
unsafe code fails where that is possible so the validity of the
concurrency tests are strong for the protected versions.

matt.