From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-17 15:11:38

Yuval Ronen schrieb:

>As far as I could understand from this, the POSIX standard specifies
>that calling pthread_cond_wait() with a recursively locked mutex
>(lock_count > 1) is forbidden and yields undefined behaviour.

This issue is known,
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/2118928

As there is currently a rewrite going on this issue will be covered.
I currently think a meaningful implementation would throw an exception
from the wait (with the mutex still locked). Either the stack unwinding
will restore the program invariant then or a user supplied exception
handler might try to remedy this situation.

Would this be reasonable?

Roland