From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-18 08:09:59

"John Maddock" <john_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> I wonder why your results are so different from mine. Please post the
>> code for your modified test so I can run it locally. Thanks.
>
> It's in cvs now under the usual libs/regex/performance path: there are still
> some problems with the html output that I don't understand yet, but I
> haven't had a chance to look at those.
>
> As for the results being different from yours, I have noticed that the
> results can differ quite a bit from run to run, particularly the ftp
> response expression "^([0-9]+)(\-| |$)(.*)$" I've seen either Boost.Regex or
> xpressive win out by some margin depending on the machine setup.

You guys might want to take a look at the performance test Matthias
Troyer and I developed for the parameter library. Matthias is an
expert in high-performance computing and knows how to correct for some
of those effects.

libs/parameter/test/efficiency.cpp and libs/parameter/test/timings.txt

HTH,

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting