From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-20 02:30:36

Jonathan Turkanis wrote:
> The newest Digital Mars compiler (8.45) appears to pass all the preprocessor
> tests when the dmc workarounds are removed. (Specifically, I set
> BOOST_PP_CONFIG_FLAGS() to (0x0000) and removed the 'dmc' directories for good
> measure; the result is the same if I set BOOST_PP_CONFIG_FLAGS() to
> BOOST_PP_CONFIG_STRICT()).

Yes, I reported the bugs that I worked around to Walter, and he fixed
them all. Sorry, I'd meant to get around to looking at this.

> If you can verify this, you might want to consider removing the workarounds.
> Since hardly any of Boost compiles on dmc right now (PP being one of the
> exceptions), there shouldn't be backward compatibility problems.

More of boost works on dmc than the regression results suggest. Most of
the failures are due to link errors. Something is wrong with the Boost
Build dmc toolset. I'll look into that soon.

Daniel