From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-20 18:42:01

Thomas Witt wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> the xpressive review is now officially closed. That being said I know
> it's not a small library so if anybody(John?) feels like he can provide
> a review in the next few days I'll be happy to accept it.

FWIW, I'd vote my support for xpressive. I'd vote that it be
added to the boost libraries. The question some people ask is why
have an alternative library that overlaps over existing
libraries in boost (i.e. Boost.Regex and Spirit). I'd say
that we should always welcome alternative libraries. I do not
see anything from our Boost Library Requirements and Guidelines
that prohibits alternative designs and implementations. I'd
give xpressive consistent As in terms of design, implementation,
documentation and potential usefulness. For me, that's more
than enough reason for acceptance.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman