From: Jason Hise (chaos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-22 00:58:14

Eric Niebler wrote:

>No releases. No quality assurance. No reviews. Survival of the
>fittest. Here's a wacky thought: can we turn boost-sandbox into CBAN
>(the Comprehensive Boost Archive Network), and cherry-pick the best
>libraries from CBAN for inclusion in boost? If anybody could make
>something like this fly, it's boost. We'd need to look closely at the
>CPAN model to find out why it's successful.

I would think that to make the 'survival of the fittest' model work,
there would need to be some built in mechanism where (registered?) users
could numerically rate the quality of a library, and change that rating
if the library changes. Without a basis like this to sort the libraries
by, it would be too easy for the best submissions to get buried by the
rest of the random code. Applying this sorting mechanism would allow
the best and most popular libraries to float to the top. Then perhaps
every month or so the top rated library could be scheduled for formal
review.

Just an idea.

-Jason