From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-22 06:27:24

David Crayford ha escrito:

> >From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz
> >What is the value then of __IBMCPP__ on your platform?

> The version is 41060, as described in the doco snippet abo defined the BOOST_ASSERT_CONFIG macro and got the following error (as expected).
>
> "Unknown compiler version - ple report the results".
> I suppos results ;-). Unf UNIX script on an MVS Any ideas for a quick fix?

The compiler version is 6.0, right? If so, you might want to first change
the definition of __IBMCPP__ to 600, it must lie somewhere inside your stdlib
includes (remember to backup first.). If this gets things to compile, Boost.Config
maintainers should be contacted as for what the best method to handle this is:
a possible approach is to replace __IBMCPP__ for BOOST_IBMCPP everywhere
in the Boost code base and then define BOOST_IBMCPP in
boost/config/compiler/vacpp.h so as to handle z/OS deviant case --but anyway
I'm sure John Maddock will have better ideas for solving this.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo