From: Robert Kawulak (tigrisek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-22 11:15:41

Hi group,

Some time ago I've written a set of class templates for bounded types (types
whose variables may hold a value only from within a specified range). You
can download the sources at http://www.rk.w.pl/progz/bounded. I've created a
thread in comp.lang.c++.moderated
(http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.c++.moderated/browse_frm/thre
ad/0298fc4ac6c6d223/) as I was hoping to work the project on and maybe
transform it into a proposal for the C++0x standard library, but
unfortunately the feedback was very low.

Just today I saw in this newsgroup a thread titled "Checked Integral Class"
concerning a very similar facility so I'm writing this post to call
attention to my implementation. Maybe it would be better to include such
class templates in Boost first, and then think about making a proposal for
the C++ standard...

Unfortuantely there's no documentation yet as this is only a sketch for
further refinements, but comments in the code and posts in
comp.lang.c++.moderated may answer some of your questions about design
decisions and usage. If not then please ask them here or on
comp.lang.c++.moderated. Any comments and suggestions are welcome. I hope
there are more people who need such a facility and would like to work on it,
let's finally do it - C++ lacks bounded types and it's high time to fix
that! ;-)

Best regards,
Robert Kawulak

<gg> 6934572 </gg>
<gsm> 603654215 </gsm>
<www> www.rk.w.pl </www>

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV
will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein