From: Simon Buchan (simon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-23 01:26:12

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Hi,
> just came across this blog post:
>
> http://scottcollins.net/blog/2005/09/question-for-other-boost-users.html
>
> It's from a person affiliated with Trolltech (makers of Qt), and raises a
> question how Boost.Signals and Qt can be made to better work together.
>
> Any user of both Boost and Qt cares to comment?
>
> - Volodya

See Boost.Signals FAQ #3:

3. How do I get Boost.Signals to work with Qt?
When building with Qt, the Moc keywords signals and slots are defined
using preprocessor macros, causing programs using Boost.Signals and Qt
together to fail to compile. Although this is a problem with Qt and not
Boost.Signals, a user can use the two systems together by defining the
BOOST_SIGNALS_NAMESPACE macro to some other identifier (e.g.,
signalslib) when building and using the Boost.Signals library. Then the
namespace of the Boost.Signals library will be
boost::BOOST_SIGNALS_NAMESPACE instead of boost::signals. To retain the
original namespace name in translation units that do not interact with
Qt, you can use a namespace alias:

   namespace boost {
     namespace signals = BOOST_SIGNALS_NAMESPACE;
   }

http://www.boost.org/doc/html/signals/s04.html