From: Andrey Semashev (andysem_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-24 08:04:32

I have mentioned this in a nearby thread about scope_guard, but I believe it
missed the addresee.

I purpose to add a macro to Boost.PP that will expand to some unique in
translation unit scope name. I needed such functionality to generate unique
variable names for anonymous scope guards, but I believe there are places in
Boost that reimplement similar functionality (BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT does the
same, from the top of my head).

My implementation example is availeble in:

http://boost-consulting.com/vault/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=scope_guard.zip&directory=Function%20Objects&

See the file boost/guard/unique_name.hpp, BOOST_SG_UNIQUE_NAME macro.

PS: I don't actually insist on Boost.PP to be the place for such macro, but
I think it should be in some common place and be available to end users.