From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-25 09:16:58

Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:
> Can anybody familiar with these compilers explain what needs to be done in
> order to be able to use the "typeof" keyword with them? From looking on the
> web, I got the impression that they have to support it, but my attempts to
> setup the tests fail with "typeof" undefined (I tried __typeof__ before
> this).

On Intel Linux 9.0 __typeof__ seems to always work - even for 'icpc
-cxxlib-icc -strict-ansi -no-gnu-keywords'. So, if __linux__ is defined
it should be okay. I have no idea if they added typeof to windows.

I don't have access Comeau, but looking at:

http://www.comeaucomputing.com/4.3.0/minor/linux/compat.html#gnucppcompat

it seems that if __GNUG__ is defined then 'typeof' will work. Comeau
online doesn't accept the --g++ switch so I couldn't test that.

Daniel