From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-26 05:04:21

"Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I should note that the serialization library changes only very
> infrequently - maybe once every few weeks.
>
> I would question re-runing the serialization library tests just because
> something that the serialization library depends upon changes.

We can talk about global policy changes after you fix the emergency.
It's a lot harder to change the way we do testing and the rest of our
infrastructure than it is for you to simply reduce the number of tests
being run.

Please do what's required to bring the overall Boost testing time back
down to something reasonable.

> A main cause of this problem bjam dependency analysis re-runs all tests on
> Library X even if library X hasn't changed.

No it doesn't.

To reiterate:

   Anything that makes it very difficult and/or expensive for a tester
   to complete a testing run needs to be fixed rather urgently.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting