From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-26 11:46:58

David Abrahams wrote:
> "Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>>David Abrahams wrote:
>>
>>Well, its been this way for almost a year.
>
> Approximately 11-hour testing cycles for all testers of Boost on one
> compiler due to the serialization library has been a fact of life for
> a year? That's news to me.
>
>>And it has been inconvenient. But its hard to justify
>>characterization as an urgent emergency.
>
> I would have been much more insistent long ago had I known.

I guess "urgent" might be a debatable, but more importantly we are at
the brink of multiday turn around times for testing which impacts
development of all libraries.

Perhaps we should invest in adding those resource statistics to the
regression results? Putting next to each test how long they took. And
putting a total run test time for libraries would help us see this issue
earlier. We currently have a lack of feedback as to how the testing
system is behaving.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything