From: David Wehite (david.white.7_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-26 23:55:26

In his article "The Design of C++0x", published in C/C++ Users Journal, May
2005, the author of C++ Bjarne Stroustrup wrote, "The most commonly
requested new feature for C++ is a standard GUI".

I am new to Boost and will appreciate if some folks here would give me a
summary of Boost organization's standing on such a standard GUI library. If
and how was it addressed and pointers to work on the subject if such has
been
done.

I just want to clarify, that when I say "standard", I mean that as long as
my application source code adheres to that standard, if I take it and walk
into any machine that has a C++ compiler (at least one that deserves that
title), compilation would at least not fail for syntax reasons, w/o me
changing a single character in the source (not even changing the case of a
character), no matter how complex and/or large that source is.
 I don't know how to avoid a sea of answers with this mailing list
arrangement
(not that I think that my 2.6GB gmail box would soon fill up...),
may be the few answers can be posted on the newsgroup forum?

Thanks in advance for the education,

David