From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-28 05:48:26

> It seems that testing for a path "J:/foo/bar" on a Win98 or Win2000
> machine (unsure which ATM) that doesn't have a J: drive is returning
> true falsely here because you ain't catching the correct error. Now,
> I have to say I
> don't agree with this policy of JM's, but suspect that the actual
> error is ERROR_INVALID_DRIVE. Will get back to you when my testers
> get back to me.

I'm not sure I agree with that policy either: that's why there's a comment
in the code that it may not be correct. The basic problem is we don't know
which error codes represent "file does not exist", as opposed to some other
error. The fact there is no documentation on which error codes that API can
return makes the problem particularly tricky :-(

John.