From: Calum Grant (calum_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-28 16:51:03

> Calum,
>
> Great Library, I really like how it intelligently uses the
> operators. One thing I find abit messy is the use of the
> macros RM_DEFINE_ROW_*. Is it possible to turn these into
> templates? Also, is it possible to have a sort of interface
> into a real backend database? eg. make the data source/sink
> instead of your load/save csv into an ODBC interface.

Thank you! I don't like macros either - in this case they save a lot of
boilerplate. The syntax looks a little worse if you write col<x,y>() or
column<x>(y), but it actually works as well. Making macros optional
would be a good idea.

In terms of a real database, that is on future work but I see that as a
large project and RML is currently aimed at managing in-memory
containers. RML can motivate the interface for access to a real DB
backend, but I'm not planning to do that at the moment.

Calum