From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-29 08:18:35

Daryle Walker ha escrito:

> On 9/26/05 10:49 AM, "Joaquín Mª López Muñoz" <joaquin_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> > Martin Bonner ha escrito:

I think I failed to express myself. In fact, I agree with you. Let's see,
a vendor may not provide ::[u]intrptr_t for the following reasons:

a) they didn't bother to do it (as this is not mandated by the C++ std anway)
b) it can't be done, because there's no such integral type.

So, what I propose is that boost::[u]intrptr_t is provided whenever
possible (regardless of the vendor's headers) and that the macro
BOOST_NO_POINTER_SIZED_INT_TYPE refers only to
situation b).

AFAICS this also reflects your position, doesn't it?

Best regards,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo