From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-29 10:04:20

Reece Dunn wrote:

> * the library would vastly increase the size of Boost (if Boost would be
> used to host the GUI).

To expand on this, I don't see how GUI library can be reviewed. It looks
like many libraries draw too few reviewers, and for large library, the
review can be very problematic. Further, if lot of work went into GUI
library, and it's rejected, it will be hard to address review concerns.

Reviewing components one-by-one can miss the whole picture. For example, we
have a signal library already, which was reviewed and I think it's fine.
But for GUI designer, you need to get list of signals in an object, and
boost::signals does not allow that.

- Volodya