From: Joel Eidsath (jeidsath_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-29 13:47:51

Jason Hise wrote:

>Joel Eidsath wrote:
>

>>In [boost.pool], why is there no singleton_object_pool? Or is it
>>already possible to achieve the same behavior?
>>

>For your purposes, would using the address of an aligned_storage <
>SingletonType >::type for in place creation and destruction be sufficient?
>
>-Jason

My main purposes right now are familiarizing myself with Boost.

 From reading the header file for aligned_storage, I believe that I
understand how to do what you're suggesting, although I admit that I am
somewhat shaky -- I'd have to figure it out by implementing it, I think.

But correct me if I'm wrong: I don't think that it would be possible to
use purge_memory to destruct everything at once like that. You'd have
to destruct everything individually.

Joel Eidsath