From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-30 10:46:37

"Paul A Bristow" <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> But I am using MSVC entirely with a standard 8.0 beta 2 installation - no
> STLPort anywhere (life with MS is complicated enough!).
>
> However I don't understand what the messages mean at all :-(
> Just that it doesn't work.
>
> Since you wrote it, I suspect you have more idea?

Messages are quite simple really:

| > {150} normal block at 0x003163F8, 12 bytes long.
| > Data: <long double > 6C 6F 6E 67 20 64 6F 75 62 6C 65 00

150 - allocation number; essentially this was 150 allocation since the
program start
0x003163F8 - address where it was allocated,
12 - size allocated
<long double > content of the memory at the time this message is dumped,
6C 6F 6E 67 20 64 6F 75 62 6C 65 00 - hex dump of above

I rely on Microsoft debug CRT to do the job. SO anything that is not
released by the end of main gets automatically reported.
In theory I could recommend you to start debugger and specify leak
allocation number(150)
http://www.boost.org/libs/test/doc/components/utf/parameters/detect_memory_leaks.html

and see where it gets you. In practice unfortunately it's not really 150,
but some other number close to it. The reason is that under debugger program
does some additional allocations.

"long double" is most probably came from typeid(TestType).name() in
test_case_template.hpp. So it could be just RTTI implementation after all.

Gennadiy