From: Andreas Huber (ahd6974-spamgroupstrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-02 06:12:27

Andy Little wrote:
>>> I was wondering if it might be useful to decode raw gui events eg
>>> "some timed sequence of raw mouse actions" = "left button
>>> doubleclick event"?
>>
>> Maybe I'm underestimating the task but such an FSM seems to be simple
>> enough (flat and ~4 states?) that it could be implemented from
>> scratch in say 2 hours? I guess you wouldn't get much leverage from
>> Boost.Statechart here, which is more geared towards medium-large size
>> FSMs.
>
> Ok ;-) I dont have much experience of fsms . I thought the system
> might be describable in a one line fsm somehow.

One line definitely won't do it (if you care about code formatting :-)),
at least not with any of the FSM libs I know. With Boost.Statechart I
guess you could do in with 30, hugely depending on the exact semantics
you require. The simplest from scratch implementation (doubly nested
switch-case statement) wouldn't be much longer...

Regards,

--
Andreas Huber
from the address shown in the header.