From: Calum Grant (calum_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-04 13:05:51

> Yes. I was only wondering if it could be possible to map (at
> compile time) a sql string like select name from people where
> name ="Reece" ---> select(people,
> col<person_name>() == "Reece");
> so that the "library user" specifies standard sql syntax (I
> am interested in using RML but am not an expert!)

One could certainly map the other way, i.e. generate a SQL string from a
C++ expression. So one could implement a function that could transform a
RML expression to a SQL string, that could be passed to a database. The
question is whether a C++-based syntax would be preferable to a
string-based syntax.