From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-06 14:55:37

On 10/6/05, Hartmut Kaiser <hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> John Maddock wrote:
>
> > > This report lists all regression test failures on release platforms.
> >
> > We really need to get 1.33.1 out the door, but this list of
> > regressions seems to be getting worse not better. Is there
> > anything that can be done to improve things? Any library
> > authors stuck for ideas and need assistance?
>
> I have not changed anything lately in the Wave library what could have
> caused the regressions.
>
> > |wave|
> > test_re2c_lexer: cw-9_4
> > test_slex_lexer: cw-9_4
> > testwave: cw-9_4 gcc-3.4.4-linux gcc-3_4_3-sunos gcc-4.0.1-linux
>
> The cw-9_4 errors are compiler problems, which sometimes seem to occur,
> sometimes not. I've already contacted Stefan Slapeta, but he wasn't able
> figure out what's going on there.
>
> The gcc-3_4_3-sunos problem seems to be a test system problem on the
> target
> machine (look at the logs here: http://tinyurl.com/d9ees, there are bogus
> entries consisting out of lots of '?'...).

Yeah, and they look stale. I see a similar failure in the Serialization
library as well.

I think I'm running up against a full disk now that I look at things. I
don't have the power to clean up other folks' messes here, so I may be
unable to get a complete test run for some time. I'll do what I can to have
my co-workers free up some space.

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com