From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-07 08:03:14

> The reason is that I've just compiled boost with intel
> 9 and both lib and dll filenames include the version
> number. Unfortunately I can't make use of the
> auto link feature since BOOST_LIB_TOOLSET for intel
> does not include the version number.
>
> Why not ifdef in terms of __INTEL_COMPILER as in the
> VC case?

Historically we've only had one intel toolset, so whatever compiler version
you used you would end up with the same lib names. You can now control the
name of the toolset part of the lib name, by defining BOOST_LIB_TOOLSET, for
example if you add:

#define BOOST_LIB_TOOLSET "intel-9_0"

to boost/config/user.hpp

then the autolinking code will try to use that name rather than the default
"iw".

Hopefully if you then compile your libs with the (undocumented) "intel-9_0"
toolset the names should then match up.

Does this help?

John.