From: Jose (jmalv04_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-07 15:05:02

> Although it sounds a little competitive, I think it's pretty instructive
> to be able to compare different implementations.

  I agree benchmarks provide a good practical view of the benefits but you
are focusing on memory benchmarks, which is ok, but the large difference is
normally in benchmarks which involve io.
 I will try to run both libraries in my x86_64 box and provide some
comparision for the first set of benchmarks.

I also want to mention that I find the self-join example quite nice. Would
this be useful in implementing an r-tree query ?