From: Alexander Nasonov (alnsn-boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-09 03:54:06

Sorry for delay, I started on Tuesday but I have time to finish it only now.

Maciej Sobczak wrote:
> Cool! Are you using more than one scripting language?

I'm sure many users would be happy if firefox supported their favorite
scripting language like elinks browser does ( http://elinks.or.cz/ ).

> And I don't question it. I'm just convinced that for any framework there
> exist a language that does not fit. Knowing Tcl a little bit I'm
> convinced that it will not fit into langbinding, whatever it ends up to
be.

I believe that many scripting languages will fit into langbinding model.
Some time ago I scanned quickly Ruby, Python, Lua, COBRAScript, Java and C#
to see they type system. No wonder there are many differences between them
but in spite of this they share common properties as well.
First, we should analyze as many languages as we can and to classify them.
Then, language model for langbinding should be introduced. It would help
users to get the whole picture rather quickly and figure out how to develop
C++ classes in langbinding neutral manner. It would help backend writers to
fit they language into the model and they would need to document only
language-specific features.

--
Alexander Nasonov